NOTE: You may have been redirected from our site: LaserSafetySoftware.com
Fast and Accurate Laser Safety Calculations with LaserSafe PC Version 5.20
NEW for Version 5.20 (released May 2017):
- Calculates both Gaussian and Flat Top beam profiles!
- Complies with the latest EN207 : 2017 Standard!
LSPC is the Leading Laser Safety Calculation Software for the Professional user since 1995, and now its even better with version 5.20.
Watch a short LSPC Intro Video (8 mins):
Intro Webinar to LaserSafe PC (30 mins):
About LaserSafe PC Version 5.2
LSPC is a must for organisations making frequent use of Lasers, Fibre Optics or LEDs and students through to professionals wishing to learn more about laser safety.
An Innovation in Laser Safety Analysis, LaserSafe PC is the program which vastly simplifies the process of establishing the safety or otherwise of Laser situations. It is maintained and supported by the highest authorities.
LSPC covers all Laser situations for laboratories, industry, display, medical and other organisations. Now with over 25 years of tried and proven experience behind it, this is the only Laser Safety and Laser Compliance software you can depend on!
With Assistant – the graphical inline interactive aid section, you have help every step of the way! Assistant is an in-depth guide to every aspect of the calculations – from entry through to detailed explanations of the results, including the mathematics involved in deriving them and full definitions of terms. Assistant’s simple but accurate and concise graphics help in the visualization of complex concepts.
LaserSafe PC has become the one of the most widely used Laser Safety Calculation software programs in the world.
Version 5.2 which has now been released (May 2017) includes all the amendments introduced in: IEC / EN 60825-1: 2014, ANSI Z136.1-2014 with CDRH 21 CFR § 1040.10 Classification option.
Key Points About LaserSafe PC
- Fully compliant for standards with EN60825-1 : 2014, ANSI Z136.1 – 2014 and CDRH 21 CFR § 1040.10.
- Fully compliant for safety spectacles with EN 207 : 2017 and EN 208 : 2009.
- Enables those with little expertise to quickly assess Laser situations for safety.
- Greatly simplifies and speeds up the process of safety analysis for those with expertise.
- Enables speedy evaluation of how to rectify an unsafe situation.
- Takes the tedium out of calculations which involve a lot of mathematics, searching through tables and applying correction factors.
- Enables basic laser product classification.
- LaserSafe PC has been developed for experimentation use and as a training exercise for University students.
- Currently being used by major academic, medical, military and commercial institutions, nationally and internationally for assessment of laser safety related situations.
- Assistant is designed to help and inform you every step of the way.
- An indispensable tool for anyone using powerful lasers and other high brightness sources.
- Still the de facto standard software for Laser Safety (since 1995).
- Automatic updates from the web.
Safety: Find out what is safe and what is not safe
Laser Safe PC v5.2 enables you to easily and quickly calculate the laser safety aspects of your laser system – being compliant with all standards, minimizing your risk of injury.
Explore and experiment saving time
You can input different laser parameters experimentally to find out their effects and try out a large number of new scenarios to explore the safety of a laser setup or laser product. Save time and effort setting up and measuring the effects of lasers using this software instead of hardware.
Achieve more using High Speed Calculations
The speed and flexibility of the software enables calculations which, due to the constraints of time, are simply not possible by manual calculations.
Find which eyewear you need to keep you safe – quickly
Laser safety eyewear calculations are provided on the results screens, which give a wealth of information including all the correction factors in EN 60825, ANSI Z136, CDRH 21 CFR § 1040.10 and other laser safety eyewear information.
Our Supplier, NoIR uses our Laser Safety Software in calculating the safety classifications of their LaserShields, which are also sold by Scientific Photonics.
Identify the Class of laser you have
There is now a Classification screen which shows all the results necessary to assess a product classification based on the calculations.
New Interactive Assistant gets you going immediately
The new Interactive Assistant enables novices in laser safety to easily use the program to perform laser safety calculations and basic hazard assessments. The Assistant also acts as a tutor, enabling any user to learn and deepen their understanding of laser safety.
FREE software upgrades for the first year
All software upgrades are free of charge for the first twelve months.
Why invest now?
CAUTION: New laser safety standards are NOW in use – don’t get Sue’d!
- LaserSafe PC 5.2 uses the standards EN 60825-1:2014 and ANSI Z 136.1-2014 – the latest and most up-to-date laser safety standards worldwide and CDRH 21 CFR § 1040.10. The introduction of this edition has had a major impact on the way pulse train calculations are carried out and on the classification process. LaserSafe PC v5.2 incorporates all changes in the standards and includes a new classification window to show the details of the calculations used in the classification process.
- The LSPC “Assistant” is now interactive and allows navigation around features shown during the calculation and results display. Also, the saved calculation (.lsf) file format allows clicking on those files to launch the software.
- The software is now automatically updated from the Internet.
- Save time and effort on laser equipment scenarios
- Experiment more
- Easy Standard change with 1 click of a button!
- Calculate results fast
- Identify eyewear
- Identify the Laser Class
The New version 5.2 software has been updated to latest standards IEC/EN 60825-1:2014, ANSI Z136-2014, including CDRH 21 CFR § 1040.10 and latest safety eyewear specifications!
Download free AEL / MPE calculation demo software.
Our Laser Safety Software is produced by GL Services in association with Lasermet Ltd, which Scientific Photonics is an authorized re-seller of the LSPC software. We sell and support LSPC in the United States.
This Laser Safety Software is an ideal package for Laser Safety Officers or anyone else who regularly performs risk assessments on lasers. According with all the relevant standards, (see below), it will save you hours of work and give consistent and correct answers to your calculations of MPEs, AELs, accessible emission, optical density requirements, classification etc.
Because LSPC performs in seconds, calculations which used to take hours, you can easily explore the safety of different scenarios for your laser or laser system. LaserSafe PC is by far the most comprehensive and widely used laser safety software available, with extensive use by major companies, Hospitals, Medical Offices, Ophthalmologists, Laser Surgeons, Government institutions and Universities.
|Accords with:||Calculates in Seconds:|
|EN 60825-1||Accessible Emission (AE)||MPE Excess (AE to MPE ratio) for eye and skin||Optical density requirements for filters|
|EN 60825-2||MPEs||Classification or Hazard Levels||Irradiance and Radiant Exposures|
|EN 207||AELs||Eye, skin & classification apertures||… and much more|
|EN 208||NOHD||All Standard correction factors.|
|NHZ||EN 207 L numbers, LB numbers|
|ENOHD||EN 208 RB numbers|
180 nm - 1 mm
|Point Source||T1, T2, C1 - C7, CA, CB, CC, CE, CP, Kλ, k1, k1 values|
|All times from|
100 fs to 30000 s
|Extended Sources||Classification calculation analysis|
|CW emission||Fiber optics||Classes 1 - 4 and I - IV|
|Single pulse||Diffuse reflection||MPE and AEL table values|
|LEDs||Description of all Classes|
|Scanning lasers||Risk Assessment Notes|
|Angular Subtense & Acceptance Angles|
|Lasers - Intra-Beam exposure||Small (point) Sources||Gaussian
Flat Top Profiles
|Large (extended) Sources|
|LEDs||Includes built in CIE Luminosity Curve|
|Fiber Optics||Single mode or Multi mode (Step & Graded Index)|
|Diffuse Reflection Sources||Reflectance or Measured Value Inputs|
|Scanning Beam Sources||Includes Waveform Selection|
|Pulse Train||Continuously Repetitive Pulse Output|
|Single Pulse||Single Pulse Operation|
|Quick||All color coded for rapid appraisal of hazard|
Eye & Skin MPE Excess
Classification (& Hazard Levels)
Safety Spectacle Results
Miscellaneous Useful Results
|Information||Correction factors (C1 - C7, CA, CB, CC, CE, CP, Kλ, k1, k1)
Time breaks (T1 & T2)
Angular Subtense & Acceptance Angles
LB Number Correction factors + Pulse Summing
|Classification||AELs (Classes 1 to 3B, I - IIIb)
Conditions 1, 2 or 3 Calculation Details
|Hazard Levels||AELs (Classes 1 to 3B) for Fibre Optics
Conditions 1-3 Calculation Details
|Windows OS||Win XP / Vista / Win 7 / Win 8 / Win 10|
|Apple OS||Currently Not Available|
|VGA or SVGA Monitor||Yes, Supported|
LaserSafe PC is a comprehensive and versatile program which covers all of the following laser situations, including LED evaluation.
Substantial discounts are available for multiple copies and a site licence is available, allowing unlimited copies to be used on one company site. The software program is being continually improved and expanded as well as revised in accordance with any of the global standards revisions.
Users receive free updates for the first twelve months – thereafter updates are available at 55% of the full purchase price – enabling you to stay compliant of any changes in the safety standards.
Download free AEL / MPE calculation demo software.
This is a fully functional demo version of the current software except that it will only calculate for 996nm and the Assistant does not contain the full features.